Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Butterflies Everywhere!




The past four months have been really hard without Pop being around. Reese mentions his name nearly everyday and asks when he is coming back. I truly think she misses seeing him. It is so hard to explain that he is not coming back, but we will get to see him in heaven one day. Several years ago, Matt's uncle passed away and ever since then when his family sees red birds, we think of Uncle Larry being near to us. Recently, I have noticed the large, beautiful butterflies and there are so many of them! I am convinced that they represent Pop and he is watching over us. They hang on the kitchen screen and the girls love looking at them from inside. They also like to hang out on the front and backporch. After telling my mom about my observation and conclusion, just this past weekend when Taylor was playing baseball when he was at bat a butterly was flying in front of us right on the field. It was so neat and was like Pop watching him bat. Yesterday, we were all over at Grandy and Papaw's and once again the butterflies were everywhere so we had to take some pictures. Papaw lets the girls touch them, that is if they can be still and quiet for long enough!! I will miss when the butterflies aren't around any longer for the fall and winter.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

The Butterflies are sweet! I'm sure the girls will grow up thinking of Pop whenever they see butterflies. When my grandpa died it was late, and we told Brayden there was a new star in heaven. Almost 6 years later, Brayden still talks about Great Grandpa up with the stars :)

Sarah said...

What beautiful pictures!