Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A NOT so good experience...


Ok, so today trying to be the fun mom, I decided to take Reese to "I Made It" by myself, inspired by Kate on Jon and Kate plus 8. I thought surely if she can take six girls, I can handle one by myself, boy was I wrong. You know that famous saying about attention span being as long as your age, I think it held true today, it was only 2 minutes for Reese!! Mistake number one, going by myself, mistake number two, thinking that I had time to sit down and paint also. Reese didn't understand that she couldn't take home her fish today that she had painted in two minutes and I gave up trying to explain that it had to "cook". Maybe next year! While tomorrow is the big day, please check back tomorrow for the big news!

3 comments:

Nora said...

Ha! I've had the same thought since I watched that episode. Maybe if we get several mommies and girls/boys together it would work out. Still it will be a memory to share with her and you'll keep her elephant for years (or until she breaks it :)).

Anonymous said...

It is the thought that counts. I applaud you for trying.

Amy said...

When I read that you were taking her, I could only think WOW as I knew my son wouldn't do it. I had to laugh as I can only imagine what the day was like. I commend you for trying.